Sunday, March 3, 2013

Do You Remember you’re First Published Article on Associated Content?

It has been over six years since my first article was published on Associated Content, which is now a part of Yahoo Voices. There were a few things that sparked me to write this article, most of it is related to how well the Yahoo network has transformed into a formidable voice pertaining to online media.

It is somewhat ironic that my first article would deal with how to write and stay motivated while creating online content, which in truth; I knew little about at that particular time.

My very first article published on Associated Content was “The Writers Life and How to Stay Motivated.” Even though this article only received 318 page views since it was published, I am still proud of this work for what it stood for.

Initially, a majority of the article dealt with motivational issues on how to be the best writer you possibly could be. All the while, Associated Content was growing at an exponential rate, and soon would become the number one site to write for. During this time, many writers began to hone their writing skills - as they saw an opportunity to be part of something revolutionary.

I remember vividly - the other writers that read my first article published on AC, and several of these writers have remained loyal friends throughout the years. A few of these writers have gone on to become top performers on the Yahoo Network.

Those fond memories of my first article published on Associated Content stay with me still, and knowing what I know now - I would not change a thing, despite the many mistakes I have made while writing for Yahoo Voices.

Since my article “The Writers Life: How to Stay Motivated” is no longer in the Yahoo database, I would have to refer to my next article published on Associated Content.

“Save The Last Dance for This” was a poem published on October 26. This particular poem was exclusively written for Associated Content.

And so, in closing; I wonder how many Yahoo Voices writers remember their first article, whether it was published on Associated Content, or the Yahoo network.

My second article published on Associated Content which will be considered my first published work can be viewed at the link provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this blog post.

Translate